Zanzibar Palace Hotel
Just like the name suggests, a royal experience awaits you at this small boutique hotel situated right at the heart of Stone Town, Zanzibar. It’s built on a thin tall building that blends perfectly with the beautiful and colorful surroundings of Stone Town. The ground floor has the hotel lounge and a superb restaurant which serves an impressive breakfast, lunch and dinner at stipulated times. The resident chef prepares the finest seafood selection with passion and lots of enthusiasm, and is not averse to a special request. They also serve fine starters and deserts and, for dinner, a good selection of fine wines.
Luxurious Accommodation Facilities at the Palace Hotel Zanzibar
With just 9 rooms on its 3 upper floors, no expense was spared in setting up the furnishings. There are 3 rooms on each floor and each room is individually styled with a name to match.
The first floor has the 3 suites with heavily Arabian-Zanzibari themes – Nadia, Suite Farizah and Suite Kijani.
- The Nadia Room – the 'first born girl-name' in most Arabian cultures – was the first room to complete and be occupied. It’ special place in the hearts of the owners is reflected in the indulgent contemporary Arabic-Zanzibari décor, with thoughtful complimentary furnishings.
- The Suite Farizah features a huge ballroom with double bed, built-in cabinet, book case, sitting area, open bathroom with huge sultan bath and a big private balcony.
- The Suite Kijani (Swahili for 'Green')is an apartment like suite done in a deep green color scheme. It has three ‘rooms’ – a spacious large lounge at the entrance, a separate superb bathroom with a huge bath, washing basin and large dressing area with an open cabinet, and a separate bedroom with a double and a single bed, a sitting area and TV corner. All
On the second floor of the Zanzibar Palace Hotel there are 3 rooms/suites;
- The Rosewood Room traces its name to the material that made the bed. There is a sitting area, built-in cabinet and an en-suite bathroom. The decorations are soft, intended for contemplation, while still luxurious.
- The Suite Sultana (Arabic for the 'wife of a Sultan') is a spacious open room with a ballroom, built-in cabinet, open bathroom with huge elegant bath and a private balcony.
- Suite Shaba ('Copper' in Swahili) features a large brass bed and copper decoration in the bedroom. It is divided into three walled areas; large lounge at the entrance, a huge separate, and a separate bedroom with a double and an extra single bed, a sitting area and TV corner.
The suites on the third floor of the Zanzibar Palace Hotel are;
- The Suite Arabica with the décor to match the name. The suite features a large double bed, a lounge area on cushions, a TV corner, a sitting area, and a balcony overlooking the Stone Town. There is a semi-separate bathroom with a large shower and a spacious dressing area with a beautifully crafted Zanzibar dresser.
- The Suite Dunia (‘World' in Arabic and Swahili) has an open-air rooftop bathroom and sundeck where you can see and feel the world around Stone Town and beyond. The spacious suite features luxurious antique furniture, including a king-size Sultan’s bed, a corner lounge and a spacious balcony.
- The Suite Sherali is a personal tribute to a friend who provided invaluable guidance and advise in coming up with the hotel’s concept. Done in elegant Victorian style, the Sherali Suite features large sliding glass panels with wooden frames, antique Zanzibar furniture complete with cushions, lounge and divan. It also has a semi-open bathroom with shower, make-up table, double wardrobe and separate toilet.
All rooms at the Palace Hotel Zanzibar have
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
- High-pressure hot and cold showers
- Spring box mattresses
- Mosquito nets
- In- house telephone
- Digital Safe
- Cable network TV
- DVD player
- Little things box
- Hair Dryer on request
We have fully air-conditioned lobby, reception, restaurant and bar areas.
The Zanzibar Palace Hotel Features and Facilities
- Luxury Spa
- DVD library
- Tourist information
- Board games, Library and Reading corner
- Evening room turn-down
- Beach towels
- Standard reading glasses available
- Ironing service until 16:00pm
You can book one of these amazing Zanzibar Palace Hotel suites with Tour Travel Tanzania by filling out the form on the right.
Also view our Zanzibar Tours with pick up and drop off at the Zanzibar Palace Hotel and other strategic points.
For an unforgetable Africa Safari in Tanzania check out our TANZANIA SAFARI PACKAGES!